Limitless Southport Kids Worker
Direct Report: NextGen Pastor
Hours: Full time (37.5hrs)
Salary: £22,000 - £25,000 depending on qualifications and experience
Application Closure: Friday 10th November 2023
This is an exciting opportunity to join our well-established team at Lakeside Church in Southport. We are a vibrant, multicultural church, a part of Elim consisting of over 300 people. Our vision is to ‘Lead others into Life’ by sharing the Good News through every means we can. One area we want to develop further is our NextGen ministries. Our NextGen ministries are under the Limitless branding which connects us with the wider youth and children's movement across Elim. At Limitless Southport, we meet children in the community, work with the local schools and disciple children and young people.
Our goal at Limitless Kids Southport is to partner with primary carers to see children take their next step of faith. We do this in fun and interactive ways as we help them understand God loves them, they can trust Him no matter what and that we should love others as God has loved us. This ministry takes place accross Sunday serives, events, family programmes and schools work.
We are seeking to appoint an energetic, Spirit-filled, self-starter to join our team and help develop our growing NextGen ministry, specifically Limitless Kids Southport.
What does the job involve?
- Play an active role in recruiting, equipping and supporting Limitless Kids volunteers
- Managing rotas to see the efficient running of programmes
- Create session material for Limitless Kids
- Facilitate family services
- Create digital content and help develop a social media presence
- Assist with Pastoral Care of families/children
- Manage and create kids/family events (Eg. Holiday Club, Easter, Family Fun Days)
- Work with other members of the team to develop transitions for those starting school and high school
Develop Relationships with Schools
- Partner with Southport Area Schools Work Trust
- Be involved in after-school clubs
- Lead assemblies in local schools
- Build positive relationships with schools and staff
- Help bring direction and leadership across NextGen ministries
- Ensure that all our safeguarding and safer recruitment procedures are complied with
- Help plan and prepare for Parent Together Events
Who we are looking for?
- Someone who has a personal faith in Jesus, who loves the church and wants to grow in their faith.
- Has a genuine love and care for children and families as they empathise and offer pastoral support.
- A team player; someone who can enthuse and inspire volunteers across NextGen.
- An eagerness to learn and develop, to try new things and work with flexibility and enthusiasm.
- An ability to communicate and engage with groups of children and adults and passionate. about helping individuals discover God.
- Someone who is organised, able to take initiative, prioritise tasks and a self-starter.
- There is a genuine occupational requirement that the post holder is a practicing Christian whose lifestyles is consistent with the values and doctrines of the Christian faith.
- The post is subject to an enhanced DBS.
- Someone who has theological or teaching experience
- Has a history of leading volunteer teams and getting the best out of them
If you would value a conversation about this post before applying, please contact Paul Barrett at email@example.com
If you’d like to apply please complete the application form provided and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 10th November 2023.
To find out more about Limitless Southport click here.
Mon - Fri
9:00 am – 4:00 pm
9:00 am – 2:00 pm
© Elim Foursquare Gospel Alliance. Registered charity 251549 (England & Wales)